SOA- University Extension Cell
University Extension Cell
Extension cell of a university provide a link between the University and the community. Extension has always been an integral part of Rai University. The prime focus of this cell is to promote very versatile and effective extension services for disseminating latest technology for creating awareness about the latest developments in the field of agriculture and allied sectors among the stakeholders/farmers. The cell has to plan, coordinate, organize and guide the extension programs of the University and to ensure efficient working of the extension education activities in close coordination with farmers. The university also organizes unique extension activities in place besides mandated activities for dissemination of new technologies. It conducts the largest mass contact programme in the form of “Khedut Sammelan” in which each village is contacted by multi disciplinary expert team for dissemination of latest technology and the on-spot remedies of location specific problems faced by the farmers.
Vision & Mission
- To educate and train farmers’ fraternity to enhance their income.
Helpline Number – +91-7574858448
- To Address Farmers’ Problems By Technical Staff through our Toll Free Services
- To Visit Farmers’ Field by Expert Team.
- Dissemination of Innovative Technologies through Massive Communication Programmes.
- To Organize Training For The Farmers
- To upgrade skills of farmers in modern agriculture, animal husbandary and horticulture for maximized profit through various extension activities.
- Publication Of Agriculture Literature For The Farmers
- To host Skill Development Programs for Farmers by Industry Mentors.
- To Organise ‘Krushimelas’
- To provide timely feedback to researchers for new research planning and refinement of the existing extension activities.
- To Demonstrate Technological Models On Farmers’ Field.
- School of Agriculture had organized “KHEDUT SAMMELAN” under the cell, on 23.04.2016: