Pre Arrival Information for International Students
Students should make sure about the following points before leaving their home country
- Rai University is just an hour drive from Ahmedabad International Airport and you need to book your ticket to Ahmedabad International Airport after taking a Valid Student Visa from Indian Embassy / High Commission.
- Make sure that you have taken all the required vaccinations like Yellow Fever, Typhoid Vaccine, Hepatitis Vaccine, etc. to avoid medical complications while you are in India.
- Make sure you inform Rai University, Department of International Affairs for the Ahmedabad Airport pickup at least two weeks prior to arrival and provide the complete details of flight.
- Make sure that you bring the Admission Letter issued by the University along with all the Certificates/Degrees and Transcripts (in original) and 15 passport size photographs.
- You can carry all your money in form of Travelers Cheques, which can be easily redeemed at the airport as well as a number of foreign exchange offices and banks or you can use International Debit / Credit Cards.
- Temperature ranges between 30 to 45 degree Celsius during summers and 10 to 25 degree Celsius during winters. Here the winter season starts around November so the warm material (blankets, quilts, woolens, etc.) must be brought accordingly.
- Whilst everything is available in India, however try to get all that you would require during the initial few days. All the essentials can be availed from the markets available around a range of 5 km from University Campus.
- The electric standard in India works on 240 V. So, ensure that you have an adapter for your mobile or laptop if it operates on a different voltage in your country. Also the electric sockets are 2 or 3 pin so ensure that you carry a converter in case required.