The Center for Research & Development at Rai University offers doctoral programme (Ph.D.)- the most advanced and prestigious degree that any University can confer.
Research Scholars at Rai University get an opportunity to participate in research with their faculty mentors throughout their studies and acquire varied research skills. Thesis of RU’s researchers is continuously recognized, appreciated and published by Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
PhD scholars from Rai University are already working in Government and reputed private organizations at senior level.
Candidate who wish to join Ph.D. from Rai University need to follow the process:
– Number of vacant seats in the respective area shall be informed in advance and displayed on University website and advertisement.
– Eligible candidates seeking admission need to fill the Application form given in website and available at the University campus.
– Completed application form has to be submitted with attested testimonials and application fees of Rs 1500/- (cash or DD in favor of “Rai University” payable at Ahmedabad, India). (Address: Rai University, Village: Saroda, Taluka: Dholka, Dist.: Ahmedabad, Gujarat-382260, Phone- 8980004322)
– There shall be common entrance test for all the eligible candidates.
– Candidates have to personally appear for interview/viva voce.
– Candidates shall be informed for further process of admission after successfully clearance in entrance test and interview (on merit basis).
Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
1.1 Qualified in SLET/NET/JRF examinations of bodies such as CSIR, UGC, etc. in relative subjects shall be exempted from entrance test subject to verification of relevant certificates & other documents.
1.2 M.Phil. degree candidates from another statutory University whose admission at M.Phil. has been done through an entrance test.
1.3 Candidate who appeared in the latest GATE and have scored more than 75 percentile or 75 per cent score.
2. Completed application form has to be submitted with attested testimonials and application fees of Rs. 1500/- (cash or DD in favor of “Rai University” payable at Ahmedabad, India).
3.1 An Entrance Test shall be conducted with minimum qualifying marks as 50%.
3.2 The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific. Total marks for the Entrance Test will be 100 for 100 MCQs each of one mark and the duration will be 150 minutes.
3.3 An interview/viva-voce shall be organized by the University when the candidates are required to discuss their research interest/research proposal (format given in the website) through a presentation before a duly constituted Department Research Committee.
3.4 The interview/viva voce shall also consider the following aspects, viz. whether (a) the candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research; (b) the research work can be suitably undertaken at the Institution/College (c) the proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
3.5 Procedure mentioned in 3.2, 3.3, 3.4 are applicable to the candidates exempted from 3.1 above also.
4. Candidates shall be informed for further process of admission after successfully clearance in entrance test and interview (on merit basis).
5. Only pre-determined number of students will be admitted to Ph.D programs.
6. Research Proposal & relevant documents must be submitted with the application form, failing which your application will be rejected.
7. In absence of any regulation, the decision of Registrar, Rai University will be final.
8. Fees once paid shall be non refundable.
9. Failure to adhere to any of the steps of the admission process will cause the offer of admission to be automatically withdrawn.
10. Admission to the University is granted at the sole discretion of the University Admission Committee.