National Academic Depository (NAD) which is an online store house of academic awards (degrees, diplomas, certificates, mark sheets etc.,) lodged by the boards/ academic institutions/ eligibility assessment bodies in a digital format, has been launched on 9th July, 2017 by Hon’ble President of India.
upon the approval of Cabinet, the Government in exercise of powers conferred under section 20(1) of University Grants Commission Act,1956 has designated University Grants Commission (UGC) as an authorised body to enter into a tripartite agreement on behalf of all Central Higher Educational Institutions (CHEIs), Institutions of National Importance (INIs) and Boards with the wholly owned subsidiaries of the depositories registered under SEBI Act, 1992, namely NSDL Database Management Limited (NDML) and CDSL Ventures Limited (CVL) initially for a period of three years.
• Operate in fully online mode
• Allow lodging of Academic awards in a digital format, maintaining the integrity of access to the database and of the awards lodged in the database.
• Allow students to retrieve their lodged academic awards at any time.
• Allow employers and other person with prior approval of the concerned student to verify the authenticity of any academic award.
• Maintain the authenticity, integrity and confidentiality of the database.
Link to get registered with NAD: https://cvl.nad.co.in/NAD/home.action