CENTER FOR RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT(CRD)
The center for Research and Development at Rai University offers doctoral degree- The most advanced and prestigious degree that any University would like to confer. All the norms of UGC regulations are followed in the entire duration of Ph.D. programme. PhD scholars from Rai University are already working in government and reputed private organizations at senior level. CRD regularly organizes conferences, seminars and workshops as an academic exposure to enhance and nurture the hands on skills that gives beneficial results to students and staff. Thesis of Rai University’s scholars is continuously recognized, appreciated & published by Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
To provide research friendly environment and foster research oriented programmes for sustainable growth and development of academics.
– To promote research as a significant activity involving students, staff and academic fraternity.
– To encourage frontiers of research, by organizing Conferences, Seminars, workshops etc.
– To provide academic leadership in the area of research and forge strategic partnership with academic and industry to advance research accomplishments.
– To provide a research oriented platform to research scholars for pursuing novel and innovative research study for achieving doctoral degree.
|Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy)||
- Ph.D. programme shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years.
- Extension beyond the above limits will be governed by the relevant clauses as stipulated in the Statute/Ordinance.
- The women candidates and Persons with Disability (more than 40% disability) may be allowed a relaxation of one year for M.Phil and two years for Ph.D. in the maximum duration. In addition, the women candidates may be provided Maternity Leave/Child Care Leave once in the entire duration of M.Phil/Ph.D. for up to 240 days.
|Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy)||As per vacancy declared under research supervisor|
|Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy)||
- Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph. D. Degree in the same Institution in an integrated programme.
- A person whose M.Phil. dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be admitted to the Ph.D. programme of the same Institution;
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme.
Note: All the norms of Ph.D. programme are as per UGC regulations.