Ahmedabad is one of the largest cities having a population of approximately 8.64 Million and former capital of Gujarat is located on the banks of Sabarmati river. Ahmedabad provides a blend of ancient and modern cultures, ancient culture represented by still relevant Pols (Old Ahmedabad) and modern skyscrapers and Mall’s represented by West Ahmedabad. It has the unique distinction of being awarded the World Heritage City by UNESCO in 2017. Worth visiting monuments and places of importance include SidiSaiyyadniJhali, Panchkuwa Gate, Jama Masjid, Rani no Hajiro, Teen Darwaza, BhadraGate, AdalajniVav, Gandhi Ashram etc just to name a few.
The city caters to Textile, Pharmaceutical, Jewellery, Diamond,Tourism and Information Technology sector. Ahmedabad is a preferred destination for Students from various parts of India and Abroad including Girls as it ranks among the safest city for Girls in India. Festivals like Uttrayan (Kite flying), Navratri, Diwali etc. are celebrated with great festive spirit and fervor. Navaratri (Festival of nine nights) is celebrated in a traditional manner offering devotion to Goddess Amba with people performing garba at pre-arranged venues, which is the folk dance of Gujarat. The festival of lights – Deepavali is celebrated with the lighting of lamps in every house, decorating the floors with the rangoli and bursting of fire-crackers.The HazratPir Mohammad Shah Library has a collection of rare original manuscripts in Arabic, Persian, Urdu, Sindhi and Turkish languages.The Gandhi SmarakSangrahalaya and the SardarVallabhbhai Patel National Memorial have a permanent display of photographs, documents and other articles of Mahatma Gandhi and Sardar Patel respectively.
Ahmedabad is famous for its artistic, architecture and traditional grandeur. Saptak Music Festival, the classical music festival is held in January every year in Ahmedabad where vocalists and instrumentalists from all over the world are invited to perform.Paldi area is famous for embroidery from Kutch and Saurashtra region. Rangeela pol is famous for bandhinis (tie and dye work) while Madhupura is famous for its traditional mojri footwear. Ganesha idols are made in huge numbers in the GulbaiTekra area. Law Garden is famous for its mirror work handicraft. Architectural excellence can be seen in creations like Indian Institute of Management by Louis Kahn, Calico Dome, Gujarat High Court, Ahmedabad Management Association.
Following are the Unique features of Ahmedabad make it a worthwhile place:
• Business and Education Hub of Gujarat.
• Unique blend of Heritage and Modern co-existence.
• All festivals celebrated with zeal, enthusiasm and spirituality.
• Ranking among the safest city for Girls in India.
• Entrepreneurial ecosystem and upcoming Startup Hub as per NASSCOM report.
• Earmarked Smart City by 2021.
• Excellent connectivity with major cities via Air, Road and Rail.
• Famous food joints at various location including Manek Chowk and Law Garden.
• 24 Hours Electricity, proper water supply and sanitation arrangements.
• World class facilities in State Transports, Shopping Malls and Hospitals.
• Peace loving, tolerant and friendly Citizens.